Peaches

It has been a few years since my bottling chili's failure.  So, I thought I'd try again.  This time I enlisted the entire family.  We went to the church farm and picked bushels of peaches for the cannery and then were able to pick some for ourselves.  NOTE TO SELF- next time EVERYONE has to wear LONG SLEEVE shirts even if it is blazing hot.  We were all sooooooo itchy the whole time picking and the ride home.  (Maybe that is why I remember my cousin Krista hating the feeling of peach skins when our moms would can.)

Then my angel of a friend Jory came and helped me (the whole day) bottle them.  I never would have been able to do it myself along with my two fun helpers at home (Abbie & Ruby).

I ration how many bottles get opened each month just so they will last longer and I will feel like it was all worth it!

1 comment:

Shirlyn H. said...

Proud of you. They are beautiful. The way to TRY and keep some on hand is to never let the kids eat anything canned that is in season fresh.